A favorite recipe that I do and give away for Christmas. This was given to me by Sis. Michelle Johnson. Bless her heart! =>
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) blue bonnet butter (softened)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsps. milk
2 tsps. vanilla
2 1/2 quick old fashioned oats
2 cups nestle toll house semi-sweet chocolate morsel or hershey’s (although I often use the the ones from chocolate lovers-it’s way cheaper but you get the same taste)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat brown sugar, blue bonnet and white sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in oats using a spoon, chocolate morsels and mix well.
7. Bake for 12-13 mins.