Category: Appetizers & Snacks
Special Consideration: Vegetarian
4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned 1-1/2 cup water
3 cups corn starch 5 cups cooking oil
1 cup flour
1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
salt and pepper
* Wash kangkong and drain leaves thoroughly.
* Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
* In a clean mixing bowl combine cornstarch, flour, egg, pepper, salt and water ( batter mixture ).
* Mix until smooth in consistency.
* Heat oil to 250Ã‚Â°F and reduce fire to medium.
* Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
* Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
* Serve with sauce on the side.