Sharing with you my easy-peasy Three Cheese Shitake Mushroom Pasta Recipe.
Our household has been pork-free for over three years now. Yet I continue to experiment with recipes to this day. Here’s what I randomly came up with for dinner today.
Replacing pork with mushroom is one of the best things we have nutritionally done in our family – aside from switching to black rice, around the same time we said goodbye to pork.
Because of the time we’ve gone this road, pork leaves a kind of boar taint that has become intolerable to my son’s palate and mine. Whether it’s legit boar taint or not, the taste of pork, in time may become repulsive to those who have weaned off of it.
Three Cheese Shitake Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Remove girt by rinsing dried mushroom in tap water.
- Soak dried shitake #mushrooms in boiling water for 30mins.
- Saute chopped mushrooms.
- Add garlic powder.
- Pour Clara Ole Three Cheese sauce.
- Use the mushroom broth to thin out the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. We only use Himalayan Pink salt.
- Pour in freshly cooked pasta.
I know that this might not be the healthiest meal since it still involves a packed sauce. But I’m cutting myself some slack, and for now, this is the healthiest I can manage for my family after I got off work today – I’m going full time virtual assistant once again. Yay!
Health Benefits of Shitake Mushrooms
- Bio-chemical: eritadenine, L-ergothioneine, and lentinan (a polysaccharide isolated from the fruit body of shiitake proven to boost the immune system).
And the gratitude on my son’s face over this mushroom pasta dinner for tonight, priceless! If it were up to him, he’d finish the whole casserole. Haha! Restrain him, I must. He has to leave some for his Papa’s dinner. 🙂