If you’ve just recently purchased your own home, you might be thinking about what are the things that your home should have. Here are six new homeowner essentials you should invest in.
- Dual-flush toilet – You may think that this is not really a necessity but if you want to save money and care for the environment, this is a worthy investment. With a dual flush toilet, you can have the option of choosing the amount of water you are using. There are two buttons, one for liquid waste and one for solid waste. This kind of toilet saves water because you don’t need as much water to flush down your pee as your solid wastes. It is impossible that you do not pee several times a day so it is such a waste if you are using the same amount of money every time you go to the bathroom. You can check out https://homeworthylist.com/best-dual-flush-toilet-reviews/ for a review of some of the best models in the market.
- Storage Bins – When you move into a new house, you want to make sure that your house stays spic and span. If you have a lot of things, and most especially when you have children, you will most likely have clutter all over the house. Make it easier to clean up by having storage bins placed strategically in many areas around the house. There are so many kinds you can use, from simple boxes to wire baskets. Just choose one that will complement the style of the room where you will place it.
- Emergency kit– You never know when disaster might strike. It can be something like a fire or perhaps a natural disaster like an earthquake. You should always be ready and prepare a bag or kit for such types of emergencies. Your kit should have first-aid materials, some medicines, several changes of clothes and of course food that you can eat.
- Basic tools – Now that you own your home, you should also learn some basic repair and maintenance skills. You should invest in your own tool kit. Some of the common tools you should have include a hammer, screwdrivers, a staple gun, and a power drill. Of course, you should make sure that you know how to use these tools. Read the instructions properly or you can ask someone to teach you how to use them so as not to endanger yourself.
- Vacuum cleaner – Keeping your house clean can be a taxing chore. Make it easier for yourself by investing in a quality vacuum cleaner. Look for one that is easy to use and will last you many years. There are even models that you can just turn on and it will automatically just clean. Set a budget so that you can find one that fits your needs.
- Personal mementos – Your house should be a reflection of who you are. Aside from the usual furniture that you see, make sure to add some personal stuff. You can even buy one thing that could commemorate your move into a new house. It can be an art piece or perhaps a chandelier or a mirror that can be a focal point in the room.
6 New Homeowner Essentials