So I told my very unfortunate nanny story some weeks back (and a few more others years ago) and my confidence that if Baby Vision were already available then, it would have spared me tons of nanny heart and head aches. Imagine my delight when Marriage and Beyond was picked to become one of Baby Vision’s Brand Ambassadors. Sweet! 🙂
Tada! Baby Vision sitting pretty in our family room ready for unboxing!
Our little guy who is into every possible contraption that he could get his hands on was at my hair every moment of the couple of days I had to hold off getting the Baby Vision installed.
Baby Vision Features: (printed on the box)
- Plug & Play
- LAN/WiFi/3G/LTE Connectivity
- 2-Way Intercom
- Can connect to up to 5 devices
- Infrared (IR) for Night Vision
- Motion Detection
- Free Apple & Android App
- Horizontal (Pan), Vertical (Tilt)
Baby Vision Unboxed! Our Baby Vision Box contain the following:
- Baby Vision Wireless Baby Monitor
- CDROM (for installation on PC Laptops and Desktops)
- WiFi Antenna
- Power adaptor
- LAN cable
- Wall-bracket with screws
- User manual
Swamped with my online work and with our wired ISP disconnected (reliable ISP, recommendation, anyone?), we had to get it connected via a LAN cable for initial installation. Not a problem though since my folks who are our dear neighbors have a wired connection that we were able to use on the initial installation. After letting go of our former wired ISP, we have been using the portable MIFI, which is far better than all the ISPs we have used in the past. We were able to use our Baby Vision without hitch thereafter. 🙂
I think there’s something in the male make up that gets them to enjoy tinkering with gadgets. Our son is no exception, for sure. He has been the “man” I rely on (when the hubby is not around) since he was four to get anything electronic in the house to work when they fail to work under my hands (which happens half the time). True story. 🙂
Our first screenshot of Baby Vision capture from my iPhone. Installation was easy peasy.
- Connect the wireless antenna at the back of the unit (antenna port). Turn the antenna clockwise to join or assemble.
- Connect one end of the LAN cable into the LAN opening at the back of your wireless baby monitor.
- Connect the other end of the LAN cable to your cable modem or wireless router.
- Connect to the power adaptor to the Wireless Baby Monitor to your AC outlet. Upon connection, the baby monitor will start initializing and will move horizontally and vertically. You will notice that the LED green light flashes continuously during the initialization process. It stops when done.
I installed the application P2PCam_live on my iPhone and I was able to immediately view whatever the Baby Vision sees. Now with an 8 year old, homeschooling lad we have in our household, what use this is to us, you ask? Aside from the fact that I still have to leave the house from time to time, whether there are meetings I need to attend or some other appointment, this Baby Vision gadget can be very handy even to us home educating family and we do not need to have our homeschooling routine interrupted. That and the sweet fact that the hubby can actually turn on his iPad from work and randomly peek how his homeschooling mama and son tandem are doing back at his homestead.
If you would like to experience how Baby Vision first-hand, you can check it out via the following stores:
Baby Vision can also be bought via online stores like Lazada, Babies and Toddlers, Filgifts, Babyshop.ph and Chubby Cheeks.