Ever since I came across the Duggar family, I have always been intrigued how it is like, how they do it and how surreal everything seem to be. But the truth of the matter is this is a real family with such commendable values. Although I still can’t imagine running a household with 17 children and an upcoming 18th first thing in 2009. Wow, that says a lot.
At first I thought it was just a variation, one of those reality series adding spice to the bandwagon. I just chanced upon their website again and I found one of their website’s interesting pages.
- Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
- Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
- Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
- Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
- Think pure thoughts.
- Always give a good report of others. Never talebear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
- Never raise a hand to hit.
- Never raise a foot to kick.
- Never raise an object to throw.
- Never raise a voice to yell.
- Never raise an eye to scowl.
- Use one toy/activity at a time.
- Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
- Amendment J.O.Y. – Make serving your family a priority.
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
Now, that’s what I want in my home. 🙂