- Suspend the blame cycle.
- Acknowledge your contribution to the pain.
- Examine the status of your marriage.Have you negotiate\ed all the tasks in each passage so far?
- Commit to recovery and determine to improve your marriage.
- Assess how much deep sharing goes on between you: Are needs being met? (Read entries on 5 Basic Needs of Men and Women)
- Employ loving confrontation after you have securely and completely suspended the blame cycle.
- Grieve the pain in your marriage.
- Meet the needs through a series of “give-and-take” sessions.
- Commit to repairing the future as well as the present.
- Minimize the stressors in your marriage
By: Dr. Frank and Mary Alice Minirth, Dr. Brian and Deborah Newman and Dr. Robert and Susan Hemfelt
Ten Steps to Healing Your Marriage