Mia Maison House of Fragrances introduces their essential oils line – Essentially Mia.
When I first heard that Mia Maison has launched its essential oils line, I was delighted. Fellow oilers will understand. While these days a lot are jumping on the EO bandwagon, and have their loyalty in their respective brands, I am truly thrilled that essential oils are becoming more available these days. Back when I first started using essential oils in 2004, they were for the most part, scarce and we do not have easy access to.
Essential oils have been used extensively in aromatherapy and various traditional medicine by many cultures around the world for centuries. Essential Oils Academy mentioned that the earliest use of these aromatic oils goes back to the period of 3000-2500 B.C. Cleopatra’s legendary beauty was associated to her use of essential oils.
And while it might appear that essential oil is like a surfacing fad of this generation, its use goes back to the most ancient of cultures, including the Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks. Its medicinal, therapeutic and health benefits go beyond what we give it credit for.
Personally, I’ve been off of my usual pain medicine for three years now since I discovered that my Oregano blend can kick off migraine without popping a pill. And that’s a huge deal. Migraine is something I have to constantly deal with during a certain time of the month ever since I was 11 years old. The Truth About Cancer also mentions of five anti-cancer essential oils: Frankincense, Lavender, Myrrh, Peppermint, Turmeric. The use of essential oil has been an integral part of our family’s daily routine, for our overall general health. Essential oils is called nature’s medicine cabinet for a good, good reason.
#EssentialOils have been staple ingredients in products we use at home since 2004. Waaay before it has become like a fad that it seems to be now. From my #cleaning agents, to the formula I concoct in lieu of toothpaste with peppermint and clove #EO for main ingredients. I also add a few drops of #Rosemary to our ACV, honey #shampoo. I have an endless list, and trust me I can go on forever on EOs. 😂 Imagine my delight when these #EssentiallyMia @miamaisonhomefragrances landed on my doorstep last week. 😍The last time I checked with their kiosk in Eastwood, they only had fragrance oils. Through all my #EO sniffing years, I’d like to think that my #olfactory #oilbularyo sense has become keen, and I’m totally approving of these #MiaMaison EOs. And I use no less than high grade ones – those who have ordered my blends will attest to their efficacy. 😊 Recently road tested eucalyptus and peppermint – this #oiler right here loved it! Will #diffuse #Lemongrass tonight and turn on The Scent of Zen. 😍 #momblogger
I love that Mia Maison came up with the 8 basic essential oils that I make sure I always have in my essential oil collection. These 8 oils have been specifically because of their overall therapeutic benefit and the amazing scent.
- Lavender (avandula Angustifolia) – The Scent of Youth. Lavender essential oil is the most used oil in the world today. Fresh, floral, clean and calm, Lavender is known to reduce anxiety and emotional stress, soothes occasional skin irritations, improve sleep and restores skin complexion.
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) – The Scent of Energy. Peppermint essential oil gives a cooling sensation and provides a sensory refresh. It’s also known to improve mental focus, boost energy, and provides cool comfort to tight muscles.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalptus Radiata) – The Scent of Balance. Eucalyptus’ oil helps stimulate immunity, and provide antioxidant protection. It’s also used to help improve with respiratory circulation (breathing). Mix with Peppermint and this duo can sooth a cold fast. Eucalyptus, along with Lavender and Lemongrass also acts as natural insect repellent for common mosquitoes.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) – The Scent of Healing. Tea Tree essential oil is widely used due to its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It’s been used to protect against environmental and seasonal bacteria and, in some cases, help with clean and rejuvenate the skin.
- Rosemary (Rosemarinus Officinalis) – The Scent of Memory. Rosemary has been known to help with mental expansion, clarity and meditation. This woody, herbal scent is known to help reduce nervous tension and fatigue.
- Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) – The Scent of Tranquility. Patchouli essential oil has a very rich and earth aroma and has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions. It has been as antidepressant and lift moods. Oil of Patchouli also acts as natural insect repellant to certain small insects.
- Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi) – The Scent of Health. Grapefruit essential oil has been reported to be beneficial for improving metabolism. This energetic citrus plant also helps lift mood, and reduce mental and (to some degree) physical fatigue.
- Lemongrass (Cymbopagon Flexuosus) – The Scent of Zen. This green, lemony and slightly bitter scented oil is a natural room deodorizer. It’s cleansing scent washes over anxiety and can help put you in a state of relaxation. Lemongrass is also known as a natural insect repellant for Mosquitoes and fleas.
I’m totally loving my current go to #essentialoils for our home – #EssentiallyMia ❤️The #aromatherapy #burner in our stairwell, the #ultrasonic #diffuser in our room both have this #antiMigraine recipe: 3 drops #lavender, 3 drops #peppermint and 3 drops of #lemongrass. No need to pop a pill. The #fragrance envelops our rooms with relaxing scent, it also doubles as a bug repellent. While my #AntiStinky #Shoe Spray has Peppermint, #Eucalyptus, #TeaTree, #vodka and water. So save that look the next time you see me adding vodka to my cart Haha! #essentialoilrecipes #oiler #oilbularyo
Burner vs. Diffuser
Now when it comes to essential oils, the burning question is should we use burner or diffuser in our home? While using a burner is entirely your prerogative and will no less diffuse the fragrant aroma of your oils within your home, heating oils will actually destroy their healing properties. But if you’re looking into maximizing the benefit of essential oils, for immunity support, mental clarity (rosemary), or to de-stress (lavender), or for whatever therapeutic purpose you are using it for, go for the diffuser, hands down.
The best is to use fragrance oil in your burner and essential oil in your diffuser, to maximize their benefits.
Essentiall Mia is currently available in select 10 Mia Maison stores: SM Megamall, SM Aura Premier, Alabang Town Center, Greenbelt 5, Glorietta 1, Eastwood Mall, Uptown Mall, UP Town Center, Century Mall and Ayala Trinoma, SM Sta. Rosa, SM Marikina, and SM Pampanga. Price ranges from P429.75 to 909.75 depending on the oils.
Essentially Mia Pricelist:
- Eucalyptus – Php 429.75
- Patchouli – Php 454.75
- Peppermint – Php 544.75
- Lemongrass – Php 609.75
- Lavender – Php 629.75
- Tea Tree – Php 818.75
- Rosemary – Php 818.75
- Grapefruit – Php 909.75
For more info on Essentially Mia by Mia Maison, visit www.miamaisonfragrances.com. You will also find MiaMaison on Facebook.