posted by Jennie on Mar 26

In less than 8 hours since my family flew home from Davao City to visit my father-in-law last week, I found myself sitting in the plane (happily so) bound for Davao City again - this time to stay at Park Inn by Radisson Davao. If my computation is right, that’s around 1,956 kilometers (1,215 miles) in less than a day, a milestone I find worth blogging about. :-)

The panoramic iPhone shot above is from our family’s most recent Davao trip: Samal Island swimming  with the picturesque  Mt. Apo (the tallest 2,954 meters mountain in our beloved land) for our background. – easily one of the reasons why I love Davao!

While I am meaning to blog about our family’s most recent visit to Davao city, another milestone I had the privilege to witness was the grand opening of Park Inn by Radisson Davao - a mid-level hotel with 204 rooms with 6 junior suites. For someone who has flown to and from the city, I found yet another reason to love Davao. :-)

The Park Inn by Radisson Davao is the first of the five Park Inn hotels SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation has planned to launch in the next five years. The press conference was held last March 22, 2013 and was attended by Rey Villar, Executive Vice President of SM Hotels,  Elizabeth Sy, SM Hotels President, Simon Barlow, President Carlson Rezidor Hotel Asia Pacific Group and Geir Sikko, Park Inn by Radisson Davao General Manager.

The Park Inn by Radisson frontage. Left of the photo is the bridgeway leading to SM City Lanang Davao.

The Park Inn  hotel is strategically located right smack the closest mall from the airport, SM City Lanang Premier. It will only take you 15 minutes to get there from Davao International Airport. If you travel a handful lot, that is one thing you almost always have to factor in. I know I do! Tourists spots in Davao City, their scenic beaches and other famous attractions are also easily accessible from the Park Inn.

For the record, in all my travels to the beautiful city, I have witnessed no traffic like we have here in Manila. It must have a lot to do with the city being disciplined. I have always loved the peace of being able to drive around and gallivant in the city without having to worry about safety - my first and foremost reason why I have grown to love Davao. I know a few people comparing Davao to Singapore, where you can practically leave something accidentally and still find it where you left it. Something that is frustratingly next to impossible when you are in Manila. I have this dream of our country being just like Davao. I can only imagine how much better the Philippines will be. :-)

Upon stepping in one of Park Inn’s Standard rooms that I got to enjoy for three days (a mom has to have a “me time” some time, you know), I posted a collage via Instagram and Twitter (follow me – @jenaspacio), with photos of my room.  Right from the well featured standard room with safe, fridge, flat screen, WiFi, the no less than Dove brand for its shampoo and body wash (which by the way did a great job cleaning my simpson shave brush), to its classy illuminated room number. And did I mention it was a struggle to get up from those sink-into-me pillows?

Can you now just about guess where my family will stay on our next Davao visit?  :-)

Did I mention that I love Park Inn’s reliable complimentary WiFi connection? :-)

The pool and the gym are located at the second floor of Park Inn by Radisson Davao.

Some quick facts about Park Inn by Radisson Davao:

• 204 Standard Rooms
  • 6 Junior Suites
  • RBG (Restaurant, Bar & Grill)
  • 4 Meeting Rooms

The view from my room (334). As inviting as the pool was, I gave way to the pillows that sunk me in throughout my stay. :-)

During the grand opening and ribbon cutting of Park Inn by Radisson Davao last Friday, March 22, 2013, the gorgeous Georgina Wilson was welcomed as the hotel’s official celebrity endorser. Christian Bautista also performed a couple of songs. It was a fun night filled with celebration, overflowing food, enveloped by colors as the hotel’s tag line would have it, “Adding Color to Life.”

Park Inn’s RBG  takes pride (and for good reason) in their trendy and contemporary dining place.   Make sure not to miss out on the cold cuts and the selection of cheeses they serve! The fruits are to love too. In fact, nothing I tried from their buffet selection I did not like. :-)

Yes, I just have to include this photo of Marj and me, with few of Park Inn by Radisson Davao’s very colorful, fun and vibrant service vehicles! I am so familiar with Davao’s very colorful multicabs and taxis, but these totally top them all! How’s that for “Adding Color to Life?” :-)

Whether it is leisure or business you are flying to Davao City for, Park Inn by Radisson Davao can easily win you over by several hotel points (and I’m not taking about the star category of hotels). I know it did me. :-)

Here’s some good news. Park Inn by Radisson® Davao is opening its doors with this great Opening Special offer for early birds! Rates start from P2,400++.  I know! I was floored myself when I learned how affordable staying at Park Inn by Radisson Davao is, with all its features and amenities. Early birds get to enjoy 50% off Best Available Rates and daily buffet breakfast for two at RGB when you book your room in advance until the 30th April 2013 for a stay of at least two consecutive nights between 15 March and 30 June 2013. :-)

Park Inn by Radisson Davao

Location: J.P. Laurel Avenue, Lanang,Davao City, Philippines, 8000
Website: parkinn.com/hotel-davao
Facebook: www.facebook.com/parkinndavao
Email: reservations.davao@parkinn.com

29 Comments to “Park Inn by Radisson: Another Reason to Love Davao”

1. ems Says:

This is one of the best things about Davao. That’s why this is one of my dream city. Hopefully I can visit Radisson soon. Thanks, Jen.

Jennie Reply:

I know right! Park Inn by Radisson is really a must check out place when you’re in Davao. They’re rates are really affordable too. :)

2. Chubskulit Rose Says:

The amenities looks very luxurious! I have never been to Davao yet but hoping someday we would be able to visit there.

Jennie Reply:

My exact thoughts, Rose! :) Go visit Davao! Add it to your bucket list. Try the Durian and Marang too!

3. jenn Says:

beautiful pictures of the hotel and Davao itself. Never been there but would love to visit someday.

Jennie Reply:

When in Davao, go Park Inn! You will love the convenience of the mall right smack it. :)

4. kulasa Says:

wow, awesome! How I’d love to visit Davao soon! and be able to stay there! just the thought of sleeping in very comfortable pillows is making me smile…I am looking forward to everything you shared here…those colorful vehicles are inviting! :) love your smiles :)

Jennie Reply:

Oh yes, Kulasa! Remembering those pillows make me want to book and fly back to Davao! Haha! I was meaning to ask if they were feather pillows, I totally forgot. :(

5. leira Says:

you are absolutely right!! this a great place to stay in Davao.

Jennie Reply:

Yes, it is, Leira! :)

6. fallenrhainnes Says:

WOW! this is really a nice place to stay and again it’s in Davao my dream city to live and retire. I Hope i can visit stay at this place too someday. Looking at the photos it’s really inviting.

Jennie Reply:

Thank you, Rhainnes! It’s really a dream city! My dream actually for the entire Philippines. :)

7. Rowena Wendy Lei Says:

I’ve never been to Davao but if I were to go I would definitely consider this hotel. :)

8. Mrs. Kolca Says:

Nice place to stay huh cos it’s very near SM pala. Never been to Davao. Hubby wants to go there but not sure when. This summer we’ll be visiting my in-laws eh.

9. Lainy Says:

What a beautiful trip you’ve had, Sis! I have been keeping track of your trip while you’re there at both IG and FB. It’s just a 3- hour away from Gensan and it’s the closest neighboring city that I’d always love to go and visit. I so love the discipline, peace and order at that place as well.

From the looks of it, Radisson seems to be a no-nonsense hotel. I’d love to go and have myself and family booked there in 3 to 4 years’ time ;-)

Jennie Reply:

That’s true, sis! You should consider bring your relatively still brand new family then. :)

Wow! That means the homecoming is planned already! Will there be little lainy and little scott in tow? So thrilled for you! :)

Lainy Reply:

Hahahaha! Sis, medo matagal-tagal pa. Excited lang makauwi satin kaya iniisip ko nalang mabilis lang ang bukas. LOL!

10. riz Says:

how i wish we could find that affordable rate in Manila sometime soon. we may find as many hotels, even priced much less for a night, but wait, not that grand as that park inn! Wow!

11. cheerful Says:

wow, the place looks so great…the amenities are luxurious, i want to be there in that pool. i wish our family can visit Davao someday, its always in our bucket list. thanks for sharing about this place.

12. Rovie Says:

The place is really Wow!

Makes me want to try their RBG and take a dip at their inviting pool soon as in pretty soon.

13. Engkantadang Malikot Says:

wow! I think I’d love to stay in Park Inn myself. It’s so nice!

14. Algene Says:

I’m really happy that some investors are putting all their support for the Davao economy. :) This new hotel in the coty will surely be one of the most-visited or booked!

15. Anna Says:

As someone living in Davao, I feel happy reading your post. I feel honored and all the more have the motivation to keep these things going here: keeping our city clean, traffic free and being a disciplined citizen :)

Jennie Reply:

Anna! You should be! I have come to love Davao. Feeling ko nga “dabawenya” na ako talaga by heart. Sigh! :)

Jennie Reply:

Anna! Sana next time I fly to Davao, we could meet up. :)

16. Shirley Says:

Madayaw! Great Blog about this new hotel and of course Davao City itself. I will surely try their buffet (my weakness and I’m a sucker of great buffet :D) on my next trip home.

17. Shirley Says:

btw .. i shared your blog to groups of Davaoeños so they can share also how beautiful this city is. Thanks!

18. Sol Pizarro Says:

Hi, Jennie…
    We will be going to davao this coming December,
    I would like to ask about the panoramic Picture of yours in Samal Island with a Mt.Apo view, What Resort is This?

Jennie Reply:

Hi Sol! That’s in Paradise Island. :)